The7 is one of the more popular wordpress themes out there, showing 2200 purchases right now, but they are actually third in the list of most popular designs. I assume this is because they are a relatively new theme, and they don’t have a historically large amount of sales. The theme is awesome in my opinion, my first thought was, “Wow, this looks almost like Apple’s website”, which shows how good I think it is.
Even their sales pitch on ThemeForest is small and precise, saying that The7 is “Everything you need to build an awesome site”.
Our Resident Designers Opinion
The7 is really nice looking, the colours work together in a very smooth way, I love the icons with look better on a tablet actually than a laptop, which makes it feel really up-to-date. The very slight gradients make the website absolutely beautiful, and it has all the features you could want to create a customised website.
Overall The7 has a menu and look and feel very much like Apple’s website, but with a bit more colour added for the buttons (Apple uses silver everywhere). This makes the website look really awesome and new, and also makes it more colourful and friendly than Apple’s design centric website.
You can see on the menu how many types of websites They7 works for, from a personalised blog to a shopping website. For example, here are two types of blog you can create with it, starting with your standard personalised blog:
If you want to use The7 as a shop, there is only really one option, The7 only has one shop design. Some other theme’s have more than one shop layout, so if you need this then check out some other designs. Anyhow, the shop design is pretty standard and nice looking.
And just a basic grid style:
Additional Pages / Styles
A great feature is the 3D slider, where items move as your mouse hovers over them. Although I don’t think it is particularly good from a usability standpoint, it is pretty nice to play around with.
The theme also includes plenty of shortcodes that make it easy to add additional features to your pages. From Google Maps to Quotes, you can see the full list just below. The testimonials slider is a nice feature for showing more than one testimonial on your site:
And one shortcode that isn’t included with every other theme but is really nice is their progress bars:
Here’s the full feature list of what’s included with the theme:
- Responsive. Fluid. Retina-Ready.
- Customize Everything!
- Create any layout with Visual Layout Builder!
- 6 Ready-Made Skins.
- Exclusive Slideshows.
- Multiple Header Options. Fancy Headers.
- Coolest and most trendy design features:
- Plenty of Blog, Portfolio & Galleries Layouts.
- You can choose:
- masonry, grid or list view;
- 1, 2, 3 or 4 columns;
- plus enable or disable sidebar.
- Supports WordPress post formats
- The7 supports and has individual styling for these post formats:
- Slideshows in projects / posts previews
- Plethora of Shortcodes and Widgets.
- WooCommerce Support Out of the Box.
- Translation and Multilingual ready.
- Tested for compatibility with most popular plugins:
- Premium-class support for free!
- Innumerable usage possibilities!
Extended Features List
- Fully responsive and optimized for mobile devices + convenient mobile menu (iOS 5, 6 & 7 and Android 4.2 & 4.3).
- Retina displays ready (and extensively tested on RMBP).
- Powerful theme customization tools: customize everything via simple and intuitive interface in your admin panel.
- 6 amazing skins for different purposes included.
- Visual Layout Builder based on modified Visual Composer.
- 5 awesome sliders: Layer Slider, Slider Revolution, Porthole, Metro, 3D.
- Striped backgrounds and Parallax Stripes.
- Create pages for different types of content in 3 clicks: create page, select template and hit “publish”. Boom, your page is already there! No additional setup required.
- Custom post types to store different types of your content: slideshows; photo albums; portfolio; team; testimonials; partners, clients, etc.
- Plenty of Blog, Portfolio & Galleries layouts. You can choose:
masonry, grid or list view;
1, 2, 3 or 4 columns;
plus enable or disable sidebar.
- 9 page templates:
Default Template (for general pages);
Blog – list;
Blog – masonry;
Media Albums (photos & videos; 2-level gallery);
Media Gallery (photos & videos; 1-level gallery);
Portfolio – list;
Portfolio – masonry;
- Multiple header options for pages, posts and projects. Choose from 5 Slideshows or 3 Fancy Headers layouts.
- Password protected posts in Blog, Photo Albums, Portfolio, Media.
- Unlimited widget areas.
- Tested for compatibility with most popular plugins: Contact form 7, WPML, All in One Calendar, Events manager Pro, WooCommerce, SEO by Yoast, All in One Seo Pack, W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache, JetPack, Luv Comments, Disqus, Geo Post, Ultimate Maintenance Mode, Jooseok Oh, NextGEN Gallery, etc.
- Plethora of custom shortcodes with wide range of settings.
- Custom widgets.
- Lots of social icons.
- Like buttons in blog, portfolio and media.
- Option to disable responsiveness.
- Integrated Google Fonts.
- … and more, much more!
The price is $55 which is on the upper end for a premium theme, but considering how nice the actual design is, and the fact that it has most features you could want, I think it is well worth the price. That price includes 6 different skins, so it’s not even one look that you can have! While some other premium themes cost $45 on ThemeForest, the extra $10 won’t break the bank and The7 is definitely a really really nice theme.
Definitely one of the top themes that I’ve reviewed on WPThemes.org. I definitely recommend you check it out, and see for yourself. If I hadn’t had set up this site already, I might be using The7 right now just because I love it so much. And let’s not forget it has every feature you might want from a theme.