Back in 2012, the Office was claimed to be the Ultimate WordPress theme for the corporate and general business genres. Created by WPExplorer, It claimed to have everything you needed to build a business using WordPress with the easy of customizable features. The Office WordPress theme comes with many of these features including unlimited highlight color options, a disableable responsive layout, and drag-and-drop homepage modulation. The theme is relatively old but WPExplorer has maintained and updated Office which now additionally includes the premium Revolution slider plugin.
The Office theme kind of reminds of Modernize from Goodlayers, though Modernize came out two months earlier in January 2012. The theme does have a lot of visual similarities but that may have been more related to the trend of late 2011/early 2012. Personally, I’m not a big fan of the design. Not because the layout is that old, it is fine actually, but it is just the overall aesthetics don’t feel like a web business of 2013. Everything is general, literally a standard make up of a WordPress theme even for a 2012 design it seems really…just dull. Office is definitely an office worker’s WordPress theme that is for certain.
The biggest plus I could give it is that the lack of so many jQuery plugins has allowed the Office WordPress theme to run extremely smoothly and load particularly faster than normal.
Blog Style One
The Office WordPress theme comes with 2 optional blog style layouts. This blog style gives the user a better visual representation with all the important information below.
Blog Style Two
The second blog style that comes with Office is less visual and more compact. All information and images are aligned horizontally lessening the need to scroll down further in a more minimal design.
Drag and Drop Layout Manager
Like many new Themeforest WordPress themes, Office comes with a drag-and-drop page builder. This page builder is pretty straight forward as it needs to be for many users who do not have a background in programming or any technical knowledge for building a WordPress layout to begin with.
Revolution Slider Integration
As a nice premium update to the Office theme, it comes with the every so popular Revolution slider plugin. It fits nicely as the header for any of your pages.
Lots of Shortcodes
And what would a Themeforest theme be without shortcodes. Hundreds of shortcodes comes complete with the Office theme, and all match the color scheme of the design without any additional effort for the user.
Portfolio Grid Gallery With and Without Sortable Filter
Office has kept up-to-date with the standards of current Themeforest themes. It includes a standard portfolio grid complete with a category filtering system.
Portfolio Post Styles
Individual portfolio posts come with several style choices. The first is an image slider that is a two column setup with text to the left and the image slider to the right. Then there is the full width slider that takes on the full width of the Office theme’s portfolio post page while the information is laid below it. Similarly, you have the gallery grid style option with the same layout as the full width slider. And lastly, you have video integration option that can have the same applied layout as image slider.
• Responsive layout (optional)
• 7 built-in custom post types
• Unlimited highlight color option
• 13 background choices
• 4 header styles
• Main navigation Icon support (optional)
• Option to show just icon as well
• Built-in Breadcrumbs with custom post type support (optional)
• Left or right sidebar option
• Homepage Slider
• Drag and drop homepage modules
• Image slider option for any page
• Top bar – static or fixed
• Callout button (optional)
• 3 menu areas – top bar, main, footer
• Social links
• Logo upload – for header and WP login
• Widgetized sidebar and footer
• Filterable portfolio template
• Regular paginated portfolio template
• Portfolio by category template
• 5 portfolio post styles
• Related portfolio posts (optional)
• Unique tabbed services page template and service posts
• FAQ’s page template with quicksand filter for FAQ categories
• Staff page template and single staff posts
• Testimonials page template and testimonials shortcode
• Testimonials slider widget
• Photo gallery page templates (create unlimited photo galleries) – see more – http://www.screenr.com/yS78
• Sitemap page template
• Full-width page template
• Simply drop images you want into the images/bg folder to add your own backgrounds to the backgrounds option in the theme panel.
• Custom 404 page
• Pricing table shortcode – 3,4,5 column support
• Twitter and Subscribe widget style for JetPack
• Widgetized footer (optional)
• Blog section for your regular posts (optional blog style homepage also available)
• Built-in Shortcodes – See how they work
• .MO and .PO files Included for translation
• Built-in styles for contact form 7
• Sample.XML data file included
Regular License: $45
Extended License: $2250
Even with the multitude of options that come with the Office WordPress theme I cannot really recommend it for $45. It comes off as a standard template without a doubt and might be worth the buy if only as a general purpose layout. But then you compare it to a theme like Modernize which came out only a few months earlier but has five times the amount of purposes you have to wonder why that is. Better marketing? Better support? Most likely anything like that contributing to the aftermarket may warrant you to tread cautiously before buying this theme.
The Office WordPress theme was built for the corporate and/or business niche. It certainly does fill that purpose with the amount of features it comes with. However, Office is an older design of a WordPress theme and some of the new add-ons have shown to be difficult for the consumer base based on the comments on the template’s Themeforest page. Although, in WPExplorer’s defense, having over 2500 purchases and consequentially over 1000 comments, it might be a bit overwhelming when you have 28 other themes to support all day. That being said, none of WPExplorer’s work is of low quality really, that includes Office.