Inovado is a very popular theme on ThemeForest, boasting over 7000 downloads at the time of writing. The theme includes a number of plugins and shortcodes that make it very easy to add advanced functionality.
Like many modern WordPress themes, Inovado is “retina ready,” and designed with high-resolution mobile devices in mind, as well as traditional computer Web browsers. It also includes over 25 pre-configured layouts, making it perfect for those who wish to get their new site up and running quickly. However, taking into account the number of downloads, designers run the risk of launching a site very similar to others on the Web if they don’t spend some time on customisation.
One particularly notable benefit of Inovado is the wealth of documentation included, especially the video tutorials which will help less experienced webmasters get started quickly.
Resident Designer’s Opinion
“Inovado is, without doubt, a very attractive theme. It’s best suited to brochure and portfolio style websites, as it doesn’t include online store functionality. It’s fair to note that Inovado isn’t as flexible as some themes in terms of layout, despite a vast number of options, but it’s certainly easy to produce a very professional looking Web presence using it. Inovado is also “100% responsive,” automatically resizing to work well on devices of all kinds – from smartphones to desktop PCs.”
Starting with the demonstration home page, it’s clear that Inovado is a great theme for businesses wishing to create a professional, corporate online appearance.
The demo site presents 17 different home page options, giving different business sectors the chance to select the design most appropriate to them. However, it is fair to say that several of these don’t really differ dramatically from each other.
Although Inovado isn’t really intended for fully-fledged online shops, it does include attractive pricing tables, making it good for service-based businesses with relatively simple pricing structures.
The portfolio layouts are clear and attractive too – good for those showcasing creative work. Portfolio views are available in layouts ranging from one to four columns:
The range of shortcodes included is extensive, and covers all the normal bases, including a bewildering array of social networking buttons, map integration, embedded video, and a range of more obscure options.
The responsive layout is a boon for mobile users, and all shortcodes and sliders are optimised for touch interaction.
There is also a very attractive blog layout available, with an option of a “large image” layout too. The image below shows the standard blog layout.
As you can see, Inovado doesn’t really move too far away from its core design, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. WIth a little colour customisation it can still be made to look unique.
Below is the full features list, directly from ThemeForest:
- WordPress 3.5 fully tested!
- 100% Fully Responsive WordPress Theme (You can easily turn it on / off)
- Retina Ready – ultra sharp graphics on the newest screens
- FREE Lifetime Updates
- Fully Customizable – Easily Change the color of every Element you see!
- 500+ Google Fonts included, applied to different elements via Theme Options
- Ready for translation (.po / .mo files included
- Turn on / off every Element you see and build hundreds of different designs
- Premium Icons included (59$ Value)
- 260+ Font Awesome Icons included
- One-Click Demo Installation
- Great SEO base built-in (compatible with most SEO Plugins like SEO by Yoast)
- HTML5 & CSS3 Ready
- Child Theme compatible (dummy child theme is already included)
- 25+ Pre-configured Page Layouts for Home (14x), About, Service, F.A.Q., Pricing, Jobs, Portfolio, Features, Contact and more!
- Completely Styled Forms with included Contact-Form-7 Plugin
- Advanced Theme Options Manager (unbranded!)
- Custom Backgrounds on every Page possible (Patterns, Fullscreen Images or Solid Color)
- Attention Grabber Bar can be filled with Text or Widgets
- Unlimited Sidebars for each Page possible
- Gorgeous jQuery Enhancements
- Enhanced Performance
- Google Maps included (Multiple Maps on each page possible)
- Select from 5 different header layouts
- Wide & Boxed Layout Versions
- Premium Slider “Slider Revolution Plugin” (15$ Value)
- Set Slider on all Pages
- Choose between Full-width or Boxed Slider
- Choose between 24 different Transitions for each Slide
- Unlimited Slides & easy Drag & Drop ordering
- Use Youtube & Vimeo videos in Slides
- Use Layer Slider or just normal Image Slider
- Drag & Drop Captions
- Use buttons and 30 different Caption Styles
- Set Slider Controls, Animation Times, Shadows, Thumbnails
- Fully Responsive & Swipe enabled!
- Premium Slider “Flexslider 2 Plugin” ($29 Value)
- Fully Responsive
- Ships with Shortcodes & Widgets
- Multiple Slider Support
- Advanced Slider Options
- Tons of useful Shortcodes
- With an easy to use Shortcode Generator at your Fingertips
- Pricing Tables, Forms, Sliders, Boxes, Icons, Maps, Tabs, Toggles and much more
- Create Stunning Pages within Minutes
- Touch Optimized, even swipe-enabled
- Unlimited Filterable Portfolios
- Perfect & Clean Portfolio Overview
- You can pull Portfolios from specific Categories
- Easy renaming the “Portfolio Slug” to whatever you like via Theme Options Panel
- Set up multiple Portfolio Pages
- Easily order your Portfolio Items with awesome Re-Order Plugin
- Choose between with 1, 2, 3 and even 4 Columns
- Set Lightbox on / off for every Item
- Full-Width or Half-Width Detail Page
- Portfolio Pagination (You can set the number of items per page)
- Automatic generated Thumbnails
- Set Related Portfolio Items on / off
- Use Images, Slideshows, Videos, Audio Files or even embed your own Codes
- Custom Page Templates & Page Options included
- Choose from 7 Custom Header Styles per page
- Use Sliders as Page Headings on every Page!
- Sidebar Left
- Sidebar Right
- Full Width
- Blog Large Images
- Blog Medium Images
- Side Navigation
- Portfolio 1, 2, 3, 4 Columns
- 404 Page
- Advanced Blog Options
- Post Formats Ready
- Beautiful Improved Post Formats Interface for intuitive usage
- Styled Standard, Image, Gallery, Link, Quote, Video & Audio Posts
- Choose from Different Blog Layouts (Large Image, Medium Image)
- Threaded Comments
- Social Media Sharing already built-in with on / off option
- Enable / Disable related Blog Posts
- Order your Blog Posts with the awesome Re-Order Plugin
- Tons of Customization Options (enable/disable Social Media, Author Box, Comments, ..)
- Built-in Custom Widgets
- All Widgets look perfect in Sidebar, Footer & Infobar
- Revolution Slider Widget
- FlexSlider Widget
- Widget that works with Shortcodes
- Twitter Widget
- Facebook Widget
- Flickr Widget
- Latest Projects Widget (pulls Portfolio Items)
- Video Embed Widget
- Contact Details Widget
- Advertising Links and Images Widget
- 40+ Retina Social Media Icons: YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Dribbble, Google+, …
- Fully Social Media integrated (Lightbox, Blogposts)
- Lightbox Integration for Images & Galleries out-of-the-box (Adjustment Options in Admin Panel)
- All the basics: CSS3 that works in old browsers, multi-level dropdown, social media icons, overlay effects, styled galleries, styled tables and form elements, everything you would expect from a Premium WordPress Theme
- Favicon Upload field for every Device – iPhone, iPhone Retina, iPad, iPad Retina, PC & Mac, Mac Retina
- Layered Photoshop PSD-files included in the package
- Well organized, commented & clean Code
- Build with HTML5 & CSS3
- Cross-Browser Compatibility FireFox, Safari, Chrome, IE8, IE9, IE10
- Extensive Documentation with Pictures & Videos
- Helpful Screencasts in HD to get started
- 5-Star Aftersales Support
ThemeForest charge $45 for a regular license for Inovado. This is for the use on one site / by one client. No extended license is on offer for this theme. While there are other themes that offer more design flexibility for a similar price, there’s no arguing with the value of this theme. It’s been put together very professionally, and the after-sales support and quality documentation make it well worth the money.
Inovado won’t suit everyone, but it never claims to be “all things to all people.” What we have here is a very well designed, corporate-style theme, which clearly appeals to many based on the number of existing sales.
It’s not especially unique, but it uses a design style that’s currently very popular, and well suited to the fact that many people now browse the Web using mobile devices. Inovado is “on trend” rather than “cutting edge,” but that’s exactly what plenty of people are looking for.