Enfold is one of the most popular wordpress themes on ThemeForest right now, with over 12,000 purchases of the theme. That is a lot of sales, and with good reason, as we will look at in this review of the theme. Overall, Enfold is a great theme with plenty of customisable options, which suits almost all types of website.
Here is a quote from their own sales pitch of what Enfold is:
Enfold is a clean, super flexible and fully responsive WordPress Theme (try resizing your browser), suited for business websites, shop websites, and users who want to showcase their work on a neatportfolio site. The Theme is built on top of the fabulous Avia Framework and offers support for the WPML MULTI LANGUAGE plugin, just in case you need it
Our Resident Designer’s Opinion
Enfold is a very bright and white theme (although the colours can be modified), it’s menus, layouts and icons are all pretty black and white. If this is what you are looking for, a very clean and minimal look, this is good, but for a more colourful character of website I wouldn’t recommend it. For me the gray is sometimes a bit hard to read. The theme is fully responsive and looks very up-to-date, so it is great for the style of websites that are popular right now. The layouts are great, they are suitable for easy reading.
Enfold has a very clean and white look, with a few images that can be inserted into the page to make it look more colourful. The website has a top menu that automatically scrolls with the page, but it does this by changing it’s own size, but not in a way that disturbs the user. Generally it’s a very nice and simple theme.
They have a few different styles of blog you can choose from, which are mostly derived from Pinterest style boxes. For example they have a Masonry blog style:
Enfold fully supports a shop option, and has two seperate designs for this. One is a standard looking shop page:
The other being a more magazine based shop style which images of the products fully touch each other, it’s almost like a gallery of items in the shop.
Enfold supports shortcodes for special features you might want on the website. One that we really like is a special testimonial page:
And also an easy slider to showcase really nice images just under the menu:
What we really like about Enfold is that there are so many features, it prepares you for any type of WordPress website you would want to create. There’s not much that you can’t add, and if not you can just add the HTML. You can create a blog, a sales website, or a shop, it’s all possible.
Here is a list of full features:
- Clean, Modern Design can be used for any type of website
- Unqiue Drag and Drop Template Builder, built only for this theme. Almost any layout imaginable is possible. Also comes with a ton of unqiue elements for the template Builder:
- Columns, Slider, Buttons, Gallery, team, Tabs, Toogles, Accordions, Pricing and Data Tables, Call to Action Buttons, Testimonials and many more. (To avoid confusion: this is a Content Editor. Header and Footer are not managed this way)
- Ajax Instant Search: user get results while typing
- Translation ready with mo/po files
- WooCommerce Ready: add your own Shop and sell anything from digital Goods to Coconuts
- WPML plugin ready:WPML Plugin, in case your business needs a multi language site
- Responsive designs that addapts to smaller devices (iphone, ipad)
- Retina Ready: Looks beautiful on smarthpones and tablets
- Deactivate responsive features with one click in your backend
- 2D + 3D Layerslider Slideshow
- 2D Easy Slider for slideshow creation in seconds
- All slideshows optimized for mobile devices (hardware accelerated CSS3 slider)
- Post Format Support: Standard, Image, Video, Gallery, Link, Quote
- Multiple Slideshows possible. You can add multiple to each post, page or portfolio entry
- 18 predefined skins, easy to edit and modify. Any number of skins possible
- Video Support: Supports Videos from any major video hosting service
- Visual Shortcode editor with preview function, tons of shortcodes like pricing tables, columns, buttons etc
- Unlimited Color Options with Backend Color Picker for any kind of gorgeous color settings.
- Unqiue unlimited sidebars for each page/category possible
- User Manual, short videos and professional theme support by me and my team to fix any kind of problems
- Unlimited Portfolio Pages. Also supports Ajax Portfolio
- Free Lifetime Updates and Support
- Growing community in our support forum:over 12000 registered users, 21000 Topics, 100000 Posts. We do care that your site works and answer every post!
- Contact Form Builder: Modify your contact form from your backend: add/remove/modify the available inputs, textareas, dropdowns and checkboxes
- SEO Optimized: our Code is built with SEO best practice in mind: headings, heavy internal linking, google rich snippets and so much more
- Advanced Typography Options
- Wide & Boxed Layout Versions
- Advanced Header Options
- Child theme support for easy customization, that is not affected by theme updates. You can download a very basic child theme here
- more than 30 PSDs included with almost every page template you see in the live demo
- Clean Programming: Well organized, commented & clean code
- Focus on typography, usability and user-experience
- Tested with WPML, Gravitforms, WP Supercache and many other common plugins
- Extensive documentation
- Growing Video Tutorial Library– A great place to start are our narrated HD Video Tutorial
Enfold costs $55 on Themeforest which is at the high end of themes. I would say Enfold is one of the more expensive themes out there, since you can buy some very similar ones for $45. But, if you like it, the $10 extra is definitely worth it. Enfold is well worth the price and you can see this from the 12k number of them sold.
Enfold is an awesome theme that gives you so many options you really can’t go wrong with it. It is fully customisable, and well worth the price tag.